Due to the licence limits and the need to ensure adequate support for all users, if approving access for a new user Authorisers will be asked to review the current user list and identify staff who no longer require access.
On an annual basis SMTT in conjunction with named Authorisers will review all user access to identify any staff who no longer need to use CMIS (e.g. due to a change in their role or staff movement).
How to Request CMIS Access
- User completes the application form.
- User emails form to Authoriser for approval (see below for Authorisers).
- Authoriser approves (or refuses) access, records this on the form and forwards to the Space Management and Timetabling Team (SMTT) - email@example.com
- Where approval is refused the Authoriser communicates this to the applicant.
- SMTT checks that the form is completed correctly and creates the required access.
- SMTT forwards application to IT Services (ITS) via Ivanti.
- ITS create the required access for CMIS and Timetables and Room Bookings.
- Applicant notified when access has been fully set up and to organise training by updating the request.
N.B. New CMIS access will not be created during the period February to June of each session, as this is the Edit and Prep period for the following session and this should be carried out by experienced CMIS users.
CMIS Access Authorisers
College Staff - Head of Academic & Student Administration
School or Research Institute Staff - Head of School/Research Institute Administration
University Services Staff - Head of Service