Records Management is concerned with the creation, keeping, management, and destruction of information and records. In particular, records management:
- Ensures that an organisation knows what information it has, where it is kept, and for how long it is kept;
- Facilitates the effective flow of information and reduces the overheads of administration;
- Protects from risks associated with compliance failure, or failure to prove that events and/or transactions occurred;
- Assigns responsibilities for record creators to act as custodians of their information;
- Identifies the record "lifecycle";
- Meets legislative requirements of both the GDPR and FoISA.
Please see the Records and Information Management Service website for further assistance.