Data Governance allows us to professionalise our approach to data and manage data as a key institutional asset, which underpins University objectives.
We know that elements of Data Governance are already happening but without a best practice approach we are unable to fully determine the cost and impact of poor data governance.
How can we help?
We will use Data Governance to improve data knowledge, understanding and trust to support University objectives.
We aim to make our data fit for purpose by focusing on:
- Strategy and policy for data governance
- Defining an accountability framework
- Creating a data governance operating model
- Enhancing data capability, knowledge and understanding
- Establishing processes for data quality resolution
- Clearly documented data practices and processes
- Creating and managing data glossary
- Establishing and monitoring data quality thresholds
It's not possible to change everything at once, therefore a prioritised change is needed. We will be focusing on high priority areas and projects to get the most impact. Data Goverance is primarily a people focused change that will be supported by technology and we will develop a University wide engagement and communication plan to focus on improving data culture.