8 September 2021 - Staff Q&A
Yesterday we held a Q&A session for University staff on the return to campus. This is now online for those who could not attend or would like to watch again [session begins at 02:36].
This email also outlines guidance related to on-campus asymptomatic testing, face coverings and student vaccination.
Even if you have been fully vaccinated and feel well, you can still get coronavirus and pass it on. The Scottish Government’s advice is to test using lateral flow devices twice a week; tests can be collected from pharmacies or ordered online.
From Monday 13 September, staff and students can now also collect tests from the following locations on our campuses:
- Fraser Building Level 1, Gilmorehill
- Garscube Gatehouse
- School Office in Dumfries
Please remember that in the event of a positive test result, you will be required to isolate. For more information, please see the Scottish Government guidance on testing.
Student vaccination programme
- Main Campus: Sir Charles Wilson Building[opposite the Glasgow University Union (GUU)], 13 - 17 September. Book a vaccination on our main campus
- Garscube Campus: mobile unit outside the Small Animal Hospital, 24 September. No appointment required.
- Murano Street Student Village: 25 September. No appointment required.
With more colleagues returning to our campuses over coming weeks and months, we’d like to remind you about our rules around wearing face coverings.
Project Aurora have also produced a series of FAQs about face coverings on their Key Information page.
Please note that government guidance is still evolving and our policy may be updated in response to any changes in government policy, we will let you know of any changes as they happen.
Thank you for reading this update, and please stay safe.
First published: 8 September 2021