Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing for students travelling over the holiday period
We are offering every student at the University of Glasgow and Glasgow School of Art who does not have symptoms and plans on travelling over the holiday period the opportunity to take a voluntary test for Covid-19. This is designed to identify asymptomatic cases of the virus, allowing you to isolate before visiting others and do so with confidence and safety.
You can book a lateral flow antigen test if all of the following is true
- You are a student at UofG or GSA
- You are planning to travel home for the holidays
- You have not tested positive in the last 90 days
- You do not currently have Covid-19 symptoms
- You have not been identified as having been a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19
If you show symptoms of Covid-19 at any point please follow the guidance on NHS Inform and do not book a lateral flow test.
Book a test: 30 November - 11 December
The tests are available between 30 November and 11 December at Hunter Halls and Kelvin Gallery on the University’s main campus [Gilmorehill]. These tests are completely voluntary, it is up to you whether you take one.
You will be expected to take two tests, three days apart. You can book the first of these via the link below, on completion of the first test you will be asked to book a second. Initially, we are only opening tests for three days during the first half of test week, we will open more slots for testing soon.
Separate arrangements are being made for students at our Dumfries Campus.
What to bring
- A form of ID
- Your phone, tablet or laptop
- A face covering or mask that covers your mouth and nose. Wear it at all times except when your sample is taken. A staff member will tell you when you can take it off and put it back on again.
- If possible, bring your personal alcohol hand rub as you will be required to clean your hands before testing
What to expect
- Follow social distancing by staying at least 2 metres from all other people at the test site
- Register your test online before you take the test. If you need help with this, please ask the site staff. They will help you while maintaining social distancing.
- You will complete a lateral flow test, and be asked to book a second test for later in the week.
- Please see this step-by-step guide for how to take a swab.
The entire process should take no more than 15 minutes and you should receive a result within 60 minutes.
If both these tests come back negative, no further action is required and you are free to travel home.
If either of the tests return a positive result, you should: