Booking a test
Most students should not travel to term-time accommodation at this point, we will confirm when it is possible to do so, in line with Scottish government guidance.
UK-based students returning to campus should book a COVID-19 test for your intended return date
Please book your test before you travel and take it before going to your term-time accommodation. This will help protect you, your household and wider community.
You can book a test if all the following is true:
- You are a student at UofG or staff member, or another HE/FE institution for which we have agreed to provide testing
- You are changing households or you are required to take a test before attending a placement
- You have not tested positive in the last 90 days
- You do not currently have Covid-19 symptoms
- You have not been identified as having been a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19
If you show symptoms of Covid-19 at any point please follow the guidance on NHS Inform and do not book a lateral flow test.
What to bring
- A form of ID
- Your phone, tablet or laptop
- A face covering or mask that covers your mouth and nose. Wear it at all times except when your sample is taken. A staff member will tell you when you can take it off and put it back on again.
- If possible, bring your personal alcohol hand rub as you will be required to clean your hands before testing
What to expect
- Follow social distancing by staying at least 2 metres from all other people at the test site
- Register your test online. If you need help with this, please ask the site staff. They will help you while maintaining social distancing.
- Please see this step-by-step guide for how to take a swab.
- The entire process should take no more than 15 minutes and you should receive a result within 60 minutes.
For the Lateral Flow Testing FAQs: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/coronavirus/2021/lateralflow-januaryfaq/