The Internship Hub
Delivered by the Careers & Global Opportunities Team, the Internship Hub is a dedicated team sourcing and facilitating internship opportunities that are exclusive to University of Glasgow students.
From our blog
- Why interning in the Third Sector might be right for you
- Demystifying Internship Hub job adverts
- Why you shouldn't limit yourself based on your degree discipline
- The importance of valuing your values when applying for internships
- Why working for an SME could get your career off to a flying start
- Myth-busting in the creative and cultural sector
- Should I disclose my disability to an employer?
- Be SMART and make the most of your internship
About the Internship Hub
Delivered by the Careers & Global Opportunities Team, exclusively for University of Glasgow students, we facilitate over 350 internship opportunities each academic year. This includes:
- Hundreds of summer internships with start-up businesses, multinational organisations, and everyone inbetween
- Over 150 on-campus internships working anywhere from the Hunterian to the Communications Office
- Term time roles with local companies that fit in with your studies
What sets us apart?
- All of our internships are paid, unless they are part-time roles with Registered Charities
- We encourage all of our employers to pay the living wage where possible
- We deliver support throughout the internship journey
- We provide personal feedback on all unsuccessful applications
- We really do work with employers of all shapes and sizes across a diverse range of industries
What is an internship?
An internship is a fixed term, structured period of work experience with a focus on skills development and enabling students to investigate a particular role or industry.
- It is either project based or involves undertaking “real work” at a professional level
- It should develop professional skills not already possessed or provide experience within competitive industries that can be difficult to access
Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 5647
Level 2, The Fraser Building
University of Glasgow
65 Hillhead Street