The Herald Higher Education Awards
The Herald Higher Education Awards: Student Support Team of the Year 2018
The Careers Service scooped the Student Support Team of the Year award at The Herald Higher Education Awards 2018 in recognition of the suite of support it offers.
Now in their fourth year, the awards celebrate “the extraordinary things” taking place in Scottish universities and colleges.
The Careers Service’s aim is “to ignite that career spark, particularly in less engaged students”.
“Our approach to successful service delivery lies in academic collaboration, employer partnership and leveraging new technologies”.
This award is given to a team that helps students gain the maximum benefit from their study. Judges look for evidence of initiatives launched to attract more students to the service and provide demonstrable progress or success stories.
The Careers Service was recognised for:
- embracing their mission to inspire students to identify their career goals and dream to be World Changers.
- being dedicated to students’ needs and working in an agile, adaptable way reacting to feedback.
- going beyond their physical capabilities to reach every student.
Further recognition and awards
AGCAS Awards for Excellence 2018
- Outstanding Newcomer Award (Winner)
- Significant Contribution Award (Winner)
- Supporting Student/Graduate Employability Award (Shortlisted)
CASE Awards 2018
- Innovative Alumni Programs (Silver)
ISE Student Development Awards 2018
- Best Preparation for Work: Single Initiative Award (Finalist)
AGCAS Awards for Excellence 2017
- Award for Student Engagement (Winner)
NUE Awards 2017
- Best Careers/Employability Service (Finalist)
- Best University Placement Service (Finalist)
TARGETjobs National Graduate Recruitment Awards 2017
- Best University Employability Strategy (Shortlisted)