Learning and Teaching Hub
Location: University Avenue, next to Boyd Orr Building
Expected Completion Date: Academic year 2019/2020
The new Learning and Teaching Hub will be an inspirational and diverse learning space, allowing undergraduate and postgraduate students access to advanced and useful learning spaces.
Construction work on the £90.6m building started at the end of October 2017 and it is due to be completed in the academic year in 2019/20.
This flagship development will be a creative environment, combining flexible study and social learning space with multi-styled and technology-enabled teaching. Around the clock access to this building will ensure that it is possible to succeed regardless of background or circumstance.
The building will accommodate over 2,500 students, including a lecture theatre with capacity for 500 students. Interactive teaching spaces will range in capacity from 340 – 75 students, while the hub will also accommodate a number of seminar/group study spaces. There will also be a café on the ground floor.
The Hub will deliver a high-quality conference venue on campus which will have significant benefits for the economy of the City of Glasgow and also offer a potential events and exhibitions resource for the West End community.
Student clubs, societies and services will be able to book spaces for events as well as study. The Learning and Teaching Hub will also be an important venue to encourage school engagement and supporting the University’s widening access strategy by hosting summer schools.
Project delivery board
- Convener: Frank Coton (Vice-Principal, Education and Academic Innovation)
- Dave Anderson (IT)
- Robin Andrews ( Estates & Commercial Services)
- Susan Ashworth (Library)
- Nick Wade (Communications and Public Affairs)
- Nicola Cameron ( Estates & Commercial Services)
- Moira Fischbacher-Smith (Assistant Vice-Principal, Learning and Teaching)
- Alison Gailey (Finance)
- Bob Hay (Students’ Representative Council)
- Ruth MacDonald ( Estates & Commercial Services)
- Emma Hardy (Vice President Education, Students’ Representative Council)
- Mary Ramsay (Clerk)