Guide to heritage engagement
Heritage engagement uses our heritage and collections to support the strategic aims of the university.
Here are the existing online resources available to support engagement, by topic:
- Individual graduates and staff: The University of Glasgow Story: http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/search/
- Academic posts and holders: The University of Glasgow Story: http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/chairs-and-lectureships/
- Officers of the University: The University of Glasgow Story: http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/officers/
- Research firsts and prominent alumni: World Changing: http://worldchanging.gla.ac.uk/
- Current research: Enlighten: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/enlighten
- Benefactors: The University of Glasgow Story: http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/search/ http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/awards/
- University buildings: The University of Glasgow Story: http://www.universitystory.gla.ac.uk/site-map/#buildings
- Country connections: International Story: http://www.internationalstory.gla.ac.uk/
If your enquiry can’t be answered from the existing online resources, contact Archives & Special Collections: email@example.com
Please include answers to the following questions:
- Who are we building the relationship with?
- What is the strategic purpose? For example, internationalisation, campaign, reputational enhancement?
- Who is the University lead on this?
- What are the timescales and deadlines you’re working towards?
- Is there an event scheduled?
We can offer:
- Images of archives and books
- Information – biographies, stories
- Displays of original archives and books
Working with GU Heritage (University Shop) and Print Unit, we can help with the creation of:
- Postcards / leaflets
In our experience, the person who has built a relationship with the partner is best-placed to choose the items which will have the most impact.
We advise that you arrange to visit us to see the items we have and talk through the possibilities.