Mass Radiography Clinic, Glasgow
Dates of Creation 1950-1985
Name of Creator Mass Radiography Centre (medical clinic: c1940s-1988: Glasgow)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 0.2 meters
Scope and Content
Maps and plans, 1950-1978;
Annual reports, 1959-85
Papers and documents of Dr K. Patel, Co-ordinator, Scottish Mass Miniature Radioraphy Services, 1957-81.
Administrative / Biographical History
The Mass Radiography Centre was created by Glasgow Corporation as part of the drive to diagnose and treat tuberculosis. The Centre, located at Elmbank Street, was transferred from the Corporation’s Health and Welfare Department to the Greater Glasgow Health Board Western District in 1974. As the incidence of tuberculosis declined the Centre’s workload also fell: it was relocated to the Dental Hospital in 1983 and to Cochrane St in 1985. It was disbanded before 1988.
Arranged by series.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised according to standard procedures.
No further accruals expected.
HB55 Greater Glasgow Health Board; HB101 John Geddes