Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital
Dates of Creation 1911-1974
Name of Creator Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital (hospital: 1914-2000: Glasgow)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 3.00 meters
Scope and Content
Minutes of General Committee/Board of Management, 1911-1974;
Minutes of Committees, 1911-1974;
Annual reports, 1934-1947;
Correspondence and subject files, 1946-1974;
Administrative / Biographical History
The Hospital was opened in 1914. It had been promoted by the office bearers of a homeopathic dispensary founded in 1909. The original hospital was replaced in 1931: at that time it had 30 beds. This was later reduced to 20. The Hospital was under the Board of Management for Glasgow Homeopathic Hospitals from 1948 to 1974 and shared a secretariat with the Board of Management for Kirkintilloch and Kilsyth Hospitals and the Board of Management for Glasgow Dental Hospital. In 1974 it was placed in the Western District of the Greater Glasgow Health Board and in 1993 it became the responsibility of the West Glasgow University NHS Trust. This was replaced in 1999 by the larger North Glasgow University Hospitals NHS Trust which also included Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Gartnavel General, the Dental Hospital and Stobhill Hospital. In 2004, as part of the reintegration of the NHS, the North Glasgow Division of NHS Greater Glasgow replaced the North Glasgow University Hospitals NHS Trust. The Homoeopathic Hospital moved into custom-built premises on the Gartnavel site in October 2000.
Arranged in series.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised according to standard procedures.
Further accurals expected.