Glasgow Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital
Dates of Creation 1880-1979
Name of Creator Glasgow Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital (hospital: 1872-1982: Glasgow)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 4.00 meters
Scope and Content
Annual Reports, 1899-1943;
Clinical records, 1931-1951;
Legacies and donations book, 1937-1948;
Maps and plans, 1926-1976;
Staff Association minutes, 1932-1957;
Statistics regarding patients, 1943-1974.
Administrative / Biographical History
A dispensary instituted in 1872 was reorganised as the Hospital and Dispensary for Diseases of the Ear in 1880. In 1905 its name was changed to Glasgow Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital. In 1926 the Hospital moved from Elmbank Crescent to new premises in St Vincent Street. In 1948 it joined the National Health Service under the Glasgow Western Hospitals Board of Management and in 1974 it was placed within the Western District of the Greater Glasgow Health Board. The Hospital closed in 1982.
Arranged by series.
Conditions Governing Access
There is a 75 year closure period on medical records of adults, and a 100 year closure period on medical records of minors.
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised in accordance with usual standards.
No further accruals expected.
HB 37: Records of Glasgow Western (and Gartnavel) Hospitals Board of Management; HB 55: Records of Greater Glasgow Health Board, Glasgow; HB 28: Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow.