Duntocher Hospital, Clydebank
Dates of Creation c20th century
Name of Creator Duntocher Hospital (hospital: 1907-1991: Clydebank)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 1 item
Scope and Content
Ward plan, c20th century.
Administrative / Biographical History
Duntocher Hospital, located on the Northern outskirts of Clydebank, opened in 1907. It was built as an Infectious Disease hospital by Milngavie Town Council and Dumbarton County. In 1956 it became a tuberculosis and chest medicine unit. After 1966 it also offered facilities for the hospitalisation of patients under the direct care of their own General Practitioners. Duntocher Hospital entered the National Health Service in 1948 under the Board of Management for Dunbartonshire Hospitals, was placed in the Greater Glasgow Health Board Western District in 1974 and closed in 1991.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised in line with standard procedures.
No further accruals expected.
HB 55: Records of Greater Glasgow Health Board; HB 28: Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow.