Duncan McPherson Hospital, Gourock
Dates of Creation 1925-1967
Name of Creator Duncan McPherson Hospital (hospital: 1925-1967 : Gourock)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 1.00 meter
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The hospital was endowed by Captain Duncan McPherson of Gourock and opened in 1925. It admitted medical and minor surgical cases and had 12 beds. With the establishment of the National Health Service in 1948, the hospital joined the Board of Management for the Greenock and District Hospitals. In 1974 it passed into the care of the Inverclyde District of the Argyll and Clyde Board and was closed in 1979.
Arranged by series.
Conditions Governing Access
There is a 75 year closure period on medical records of adults, and a 100 year closure period on medical records of minors.
Other Finding Aids
There is a paper based finding aid that can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised in line with standard procedures.
No further accruals expected.
AC 9: Records of Greenock and District Hospitals Board of Management; HB 28: Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow.