Dumbarton Public Eye Dispensary

Reference HB 58
Dates of Creation 1892-1954
Name of Creator Dumbarton Public Eye Dispensary (eye clinic : 1892- : Dumbarton)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 0.2 metres

Scope and Content

Minutes 1892-1948
Accounts 1932-1948
Annual reports 1893-1947
Dumbarton Town Council election ephemera 1947-1954

Administrative / Biographical History

The  Dumbarton Public Eye Dispensary was established in  1892  by the accident benefit societies of the engineering and shipbuilding works in Dumbarton. It was funded by voluntary subscription with the bulk of its income coming from the employers and employees of the town's workplaces. Latterly the Dispensary was based in the Dumbarton Cottage Hospital. In  1948  both the Dispensary and the Hospital were transferred to the National Health Service under the Dunbartonshire Hospitals Board of Management.

Arrangement
Chronological within record class

Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions

Acquisition Information
Messrs William Denny and Brothers, Dumbarton

Other Finding Aids
Descriptive list

Alternative Form Available
No known copies

Archivist's Note
Compiled by Alistair Tough, Greater Glasgow NHS Board Archivist, 23 July 1998


Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.

Appraisal Information
This material has been appraised in line with standard procedures

Custodial History
Records held by Messrs William Denny and Brothers, Dumbarton, prior to transfer

Accruals
None expected

Related Material
HB 28, Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow