Broadstone Jubilee Hospital, Port Glasgow
Dates of Creation 1907-1979
Name of Creator
Broadstone Jubilee Hospital (hospital: 1907-1979 : Port Glasgow)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 1.00 meter
Scope and Content
Ward journals, 1908-1938;
Miscellaneous other records.
Administrative / Biographical History
The hospital was gifted to the citizens of Port Glasgow by Mr and Mrs Birkmyre of Broadstone. The building opened in 1907 and served as a general surgical hospital. It was run by its own board of management, composed of local businessmen, town councillors and lawyers. With the establishment of the National Health Service in 1948, the hospital joined the Board of Management for the Greenock and District Hospitals. In 1974 it passed into the care of the Inverclyde District of the Argyll and Clyde Board and closed in 1979.
Arranged by series.
Conditions Governing Access
There is a 75 year closure period on medical records of adults, and a 100 year closure period on medical records of minors.
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised in line with standard procedures.
No further accruals expected.
AC 9: Records of Greenock and District Hospitals Board of Management; HB 28: Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow.