Blawarthill Hospital, Glasgow
Dates of Creation 1971
Name of Creator Blawarthill Hospital (hospital: 1897- 2012 : Glasgow)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 0.10 meters
Scope and Content
Ward plan, 1971.
Administrative / Biographical History
Blawarthill Hospital opened as the Renfrew and Clydebank Joint Hospital in 1897. It was an Infectious Disease hospital until 1951 when tuberculosis and other specialties were added. In 1967 Blawarthill became a geriatric hospital. It entered the National Health Service in 1948 under the Board of Management for Dunbartonshire Hospitals, was placed in the Greater Glasgow Health Board Western District in 1974 and came under the West Glasgow Hospitals University National Health Service Trust from 1994. Blawarthill Hospital closed in 2012.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised according to standard procedure.
No further accruals expected.
HB 55: Records of Greater Glasgow Health Board; HB 28: Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow.