Glasgow Victoria and Leverndale Hospitals Board of Management

Reference HB 61
Dates of Creation 1956-1974
Name of Creator Glasgow Victoria and Leverndale Hospitals Board of Management (administrative body : 1968-1974 : Glasgow)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 1 metre

Scope and Content

Minutes 1968-1974
Files of Secretary/Treasurer 1956-1974
Seal dies undated

Administrative / Biographical History

The  Glasgow Victoria and Leverndale Hospitals Board of Management was created in  1968  by a merger between the Board of Management for Glasgow Victoria Hospitals and the Board of Management for Leverndale Hospital. The merger formed part of a Western Regional Hospital Board policy to integrate mental hospitals into the mainstream. The merged Board was responsible for Leverndale Hospital, the Victoria Infirmary, Victoria Geriatric Unit, Philipshill Hospital, Mearnskirk Hospital, Brooksby Convalescent Home, Glasgow Schools of Chiropody and Occupational Therapy, and several clinics. At the reorganisation of the National Health Service in Scotland in  1974  all Boards of Management were disbanded.

Arrangement
Chronological within record class

Conditions Governing Access
None

Acquisition Information
Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow

Other Finding Aids
Descriptive list

Alternative Form Available
No known copies

Archivist's Note
Compiled by Alistair Tough, Greater Glasgow NHS Board Archivist, 23 July 1998, revised 9 May 2019

Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.

Appraisal Information
This material has been appraised in line with standard procedures

Custodial History
Records held within National Health Service prior to transfer

Accruals
None expected

Related Material
HB 28, Records of Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow; HB 23, Records of Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow; HB 64, Records of Mearnskirk Hospital; and HB 24, Records of Leverndale Hospital, Hawkhead, Renfrewshire