Board of Management for Dunbartonshire Hospitals
Reference AC 46
Dates of Creation 1948-1974
Name of Creator Board of Management for Dunbartonshire Hospitals (administrative health body : 1948-1974 : Dumbarton)
Language of Material English
Physical Description 1.0 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Established in 1948 the Board of Management for Dumbartonshire Hospitals was responsible for Dumbarton Joint Hospital; Victoria Infirmary, Helensburgh; Overtoun Maternity Hospital; Infectious Diseases Hospital, Helensburgh; Camis Eskin Hospital, Helensburgh; Braeholm Maternity Hospital; Infectious Diseases Hospital, Duntocher; Blawarthill Infectious Diseases Hospital; Lennox Infectious Diseases Hospital. As a result of the re-organisation of the NHS in 1974 the board ceased to exist, its duties being taken over by the Dumbarton District of the Argyll and Clyde Health Board.
Chronological within record series
Conditions Governing Access
Argyll and Clyde Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Other Finding Aids
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Fonds level description compiled by Karl Magee, 09 August 2000.
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 812 procedures
Records held within National Health Service prior to transfer
AC 41, Records of Victoria Infirmary, Helensburgh; HB82 Records of Blawarthill Hospital