New proposed 'Graduate Post-Study Work' visa route
Issued: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 09:00:00 GMT
Update from UKCISA:
Graduate route: post study work
So far, the following details about the Graduate route have been provided by the Home Office:
- Any international student who will complete their course in or after the summer of 2021 will be eligible to apply for the new two year Graduate route.
- Unfortunately the Graduate route will not be open to those who have completed their studies or are due to complete them in the summer of 2020.
We are still waiting on further details about implementation, but the Home Office has announced key features of the route:
- It will be open to international students who have successfully completed a course of study at undergraduate (RQF 6) level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance, and who have a valid and extant student visa at the time of application;
- The application process will be simple. There will be an application fee and applicants will pay the Immigration Health Surcharge;
- Applicants will be subject to identity, criminality and security checks;
- The leave period granted will be two years and will be non-extendable. Settlement rights will not be accrued;
- Individuals will be able to work, or look for work in any sector, at any level;
- Individuals will be able to switch into the skilled work route if they meet the requirements.