Covid-19 update: Please check for any updates in bank account opening procedures and document requirements with your chosen bank in light of the current circumstances.
To open an account, you will need:
- Your passport or National ID card
- Your visa (if applicable) and
- A bank letter, addressed to the bank to which you will apply, containing evidence of your current course of study and UK term-time address.
Depending on the bank you choose, you may be asked for other documentation.
Before producing or applying to request a bank letter, please ensure that your UK term-time address is up-to-date.
It is advisable to check with your chosen bank if they will accept an unstamped bank letter from University of Glasgow. To obtain a bank letter, students can:
- produce their own bank letters using their MyCampus Student Center (Students who have completed Academic Registration)
- apply via the online service catalogue to request a bank letter (please note the processing times)
Find out more