Undergraduate Open Days 2020
- June Open Day - Thursday 18 June
- September Open Day - Wednesday 2 September
- October Open Day - Saturday 24 October
Booking information and the draft programme will be made available for each Open Day 6 weeks in advance.
Registration for each Open Day will be open 6 weeks before the event. To receive notification of when registration opens and relevant Open Day information, such as the programme and App, please complete the 'Register Interest' form below.
- Dumfries campus Open Day - Wednesday 7 October 2020
- May Information Session - Wednesday 27 May 2020
- November Information Session - Wednesday 25 November 2020
For more information on Dumfries Campus Open Days please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1387 702001
What happens on Open Day?
Open Days are a great opportunity to come along and see what we have to offer:
- view our beautiful campus
- gain insight into your subject of interest, including talks and stands where teaching staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have
- hear advice on the application process, tuition fees and student accommodation
- Take a campus tour led by one of our current students
- take an undergraduate accommodation tour to our Murano Street Student Village and Queen Margaret Residences.
Tours to the School of Veterinary Medicine are generally available at the June and September Open Days.
Tours of the Dental School are generally available at the September Open Day.
Tours of the Teaching & Learning Centre (Queen Elizabeth Hospital) are generally available at the September Open Day.
These tours must be booked in advance: further details and booking information will be available 6 weeks before these Open Days respectively.
Travel and Accommodation
The University is situated in the West End of the city so make sure you plan your journey from the City Centre.
GETTING TO GLASGOW
Glasgow International Airport is approximately 7 miles from the University of Glasgow. You can fly directly from Glasgow to most UK cities and mainland Europe. There are also regular connecting flight routes via London, Paris and Amsterdam.
Getting from the airport to the City Centre:
- Glasgow Airport Express - departing from stance 1
- Taxi rank is situated outside Arrivals
Glasgow Prestwick Airport is situated around 22 miles southwest of the University. The airport has its own train station with a regular service to Glasgow, as well as a bus service to Glasgow City Centre.
Glasgow has excellent motorway links making it easy to travel to most UK cities.
From Carlisle, Newcastle and the south, exit M74 on to the M73, joining the M8 at the Old Monkland junction. M8 exits for the University are J18 if travelling from the south, Edinburgh and the north and J19 if coming from Glasgow Airport and the west. Other main routes serving the University include Great Western Road (A82, north of campus), Clydeside Expressway (A814, south) and Byres Road (B808, west).
The postcode for Sat Nav use is G12 8QQ
Parking in University car parks is restricted to permit holders only. Please note parking around campus can be difficult so please factor this into your journey time.
Pay and Display Parking
Pay and display parking is available in surrounding areas but spaces are limited and become occupied quickly. Information on pay and display car parking in Glasgow can be found on the city parking website
Park and Ride
The SPT Glasgow Subway System offer park and ride facilities. The nearest station to the University of Glasgow with Park and Ride facilities is Kelvingbridge. For a full list of stations and more information please see the SPT website
If you are planning on attending Open Day and will require an accessible parking space, then please contact email@example.com and we would be happy to accommodate you.
Plan your journey from the city centre to the University in the "Getting to the West End" section
BUS AND COACH
Buchanan Bus Station has buses and coaches travelling to destinations across the UK and Europe. The bus station is located in the City Centre.
GETTING TO THE WEST END
The University of Glasgow is in the West End of the city so it is important to plan any travel from the City Centre if you are arriving by rail or coach.
Travel from the City Centre to the West End in under 10 minutes using the SPT Subway
The University is accessible via services 4 & 4A
Use our Open Day campus map to find your way around. The map will also be included in our open day brochure, which you will be able to pick up on the day.
Not Able to Attend?
Open Days can be useful to help you decide whether University of Glasgow is the place for you. However we understand that not everyone may be able to attend.
If you are not able to attend any of our Open Days, please see information below to arrange a visit to campus or to speak to a member of staff:
- Campus tours for prospective students are available all year round, to book and for more information please see the Campus Tours webpage.
- Visit or speak to the department of your subject of interest. Please see a list of Visit to Campus Contacts which lists each subjects contact email should you wish to arrange a visit to the department. Please note that as lectures will be taking place during term time please allow for plenty of notice should you wish to visit outside Offer Holders' Day.
- Call the University's Switchboard on +44(0)141 330 2000 should you wish to speak to Finance, Admissions, Accommodation or the school that offers your subject of interest.