A learning partnership between staff and students
A responsive learning environment underpinned by passionate and motivated teaching is vital to the quality of the Glasgow student experience. We must offer a more flexible model of learning to our students and ensure that teaching staff are properly valued and supported.
New technologies are inspiring a revolution in the way we teach and students learn. We will:
- Invest in our virtual learning environments and network infrastructure.
- Bring global audiences to Glasgow through online and distance learning.
- Use the digital space to enhance the learning experience of campus-based students, enabling a flexible ‘learn anywhere’ approach to study.
- Target investment to support staff in engaging with the opportunities brought by connected learning.
Teaching lies at the heart of our purpose and should be respected accordingly. We will:
- Refresh our training to better support staff as professional scholars and educators.
- Introduce reforms to staff progression and recognition to rebalance esteem between teaching and research.
- Review and rebalance administrative support for teaching across the University.
Our teaching must be research-led, forward-looking and adaptable to the needs of students worldwide. We will:
- Prioritise the learning, understanding and progression of our students.
- Provide the leadership, time and resources needed for staff to develop their teaching skills and enhance course content.
- Streamline the course design and approval processes.
- Undergraduate satisfaction: 91%
We will achieve at least 91% overall satisfaction in the undergraduate National Student Survey.
- Assessment and feedback: 75%
We will enhance student assessment and feedback to achieve an average of 75% in questions 5-9 in the National Student Survey.
- Undergraduate progression: 90%
We will work to ensure that every year 90% of our students progress in their studies.
- Job prospects: 94%
At least 94% of our students will be in employment or further study six months after graduation.