Inspiring people enabling excellence
Teaching, research and engagement are the core of our mission. But we can’t achieve excellence in these areas without the right support behind them: and so it’s vital that our administrative, managerial, technical and operational staff are world class.
The quality of our supporting teams and services is essential to our core mission. We will:
- Provide state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and services for research and teaching.
- Develop best practice in policy, process and culture for collecting and acting upon feedback from staff, students and other users.
- Benchmark our teams and services against national and international peers.
Quality service flows from the dedication and expertise of staff. We will:
- Ensure that all support staff have credible career development pathways.
- Augment specialist training and development opportunities for staff based within supporting functions.
- Encourage secondments between operational units to disseminate best practice.
Our services and staff will only thrive if the culture is right. We will:
- Develop an enhanced customer service culture, encouraging staff to take greater ownership of user problems and resolve at the first point of contact.
- Foster closer collaboration between centrally provided services and embedded services within colleges.
- Expand and promote our pathways for recognising and rewarding excellent service.
- Service delivery: continual improvement
We will introduce a new service satisfaction survey and target a year-on-year improvement in the results.