About Inspiring Change
The University’s Inspiring People: Changing the World strategy is the result of over 100 hundred hours of consultation events engaging with more than 1,000 members of staff. The strategy sets out our vision to be a world-class, world-changing university – an ambition that requires a step-change in our culture and the way we work together.
Staff and student groups identified a number of actions we could take to move the University closer to our vision as part of the strategy consultation exercise. These proposals broadly fell into three thematic workstreams:
- Focus: identifying our strengths and ensuring we use our resources effectively
- Agility: streamlining the way we work to free up people and resources
- Empowering people: creating a culture which values our staff and enables them to drive change from the bottom-up
To help kick-start this process, the University set up three working groups to take forward the initial phases of action in these areas. Examples of the actions taken by these groups include:
- An overhaul of the University's annual strategic planning and budgeting process
- The mapping out in outline of all major University business processes
- The appointment of consultants to carry out a cultural diagnostic survey with staff
With the work of these groups now drawing to an end, we have launched the Inspiring Change brand website to collate the ongoing examples of positive change occurring across the University – positive steps both big and small along our path to fulfilling our world-class, world-changing potential.