Longitude Explorer is back and can be delivered remotely! Exciting STEM opportunity with a chance to win £20k for schools or youth group
The Amazon Longitude Explorer Prize is calling on young people across the UK to develop innovative ‘tech for good’ solutions to society’s biggest issues, to help people to live longer, live healthier, live greener and live together.
The prize encourages young people to apply their creativity and ingenuity to the big challenges of our time, using their knowledge of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), and teaching them valuable entrepreneurial skills to help make their ideas a reality.
It aims to reach a diverse range of young people across the UK, helping to enhance available opportunity for people from all walks of life. It’s totally free to apply and participate, and the teams of young people will be supported while they develop their solutions through a range of free digital resources and online learning sessions. Finalist teams will be supported to transform their ideas into reality with access to mentors, hardware and dedicated workshops. They’ll also be in with the chance to win £20,000 for their school or youth group.
If you have an idea or solution, the Longitude Explorer team wants to hear from you!
The team are able offer a range of remote support to schools or groups interested in making an application this year, including:
- They’ve teamed up with FireTech with an exclusive offer of support on the technical aspects of applications. This is an offer for interested applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Get in touch to find out more!
- Free online resources: Lesson plans & worksheets available to help get teams started and thinking of ideas to apply with.
- The team is here to help: To have a 1:1 call or discuss other support from the team, just email email@example.com.
How to get involved:
● Find out more about the Amazon Longitude Explorer Prize and how you can support teams to apply with the Longitude Explorer Team Champion pack
● Download the free activities and lesson plans to help the young people you work with to kick-start their creative thinking and develop ideas
● Get your applications in by 5pm on Friday 12th February 2021!
If you have any questions, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The challenge is supported by Amazon and delivered by Nesta Challenges.
First published: 12 November 2020