Science Connects | West of Scotland STEM Ambassador Hub
Science Connects coordinates the West of Scotland STEM Ambassador Hub to help inspire young people in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Please get in touch to find out how we can help you to inspire your young people or to find out more about motivating young people by becoming a STEM Ambassador.
0141 330 6396
Update : May 2020
As well as choosing “Online Only” opportunities on the digital platform and the App, Approved STEM Ambassadors can advertise any activities or support they can offer teachers and community group leaders remotely using the new “Offers” function. Need help? Check out this Offer Examples and Top Tips Guide, but get in touch if you have questions.
Remember that some of the activities you might already doing can be recorded on your STEM Ambassador profile. For example:
- Inspiring your own kids in STEM subjects through activities
- Helping the kids of friends and family with homework, STEM activities, or careers advice
- Speaking to teachers about your role and career pathway, either informally, or as part of an online interview
- Taking part in online engagement for example I’m a Scientist Stay at Home or I'm an Engineer Stay at Home
If you're looking to become a STEM Ambassador at this time, you can still register and complete the online training, but we not able to process PVG applications right now.
- Teachers! Help keep pupils excited about STEM with online engagement activities. Find out more and register to take part.
- STEM Ambassadors! Help keep school pupils engaged with STEM through online chats.
- Help your fellow STEM Ambassadors feel more confident with online engagement
- STEM Ambassadors: Lockdown Tidy-Up & Activities Ideas
- Learn how to run STEM Clubs online
- STEM Ambassadors can now offer online activities!
- Other news..