As a supportive employer, the University will consider a range of reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process. If you require additional support/alternative formats in submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team.
The University uses arrange of assessment methods in the recruitment and selection process; common assessments include:
- Online tests
- Psychometric assessments
- Assessment centres
- Interview format
- Group work.
You will be informed of the assessment method when you are notified you have been shortlisted. If you have any concerns about the assessment methods based on your impairment/disability please discuss this with the Recruitment team.
The reasonable adjustments put in place will depend upon your impairment type, whilst ensuring fairness and parity across all candidates. Some common adjustments include:
- Changing the venue for an interview;
- Allowing extra time in the interview process;
- Attending the interview with a support worker/BSL interpreter;
- Ensuring the interview is located near toilet facilities;
- Providing reasonable refreshments before the interview;
- Covering reasonable travel expenses for the interview process.
It should be noted that the Equal Opportunities form completed at point of application is used for monitoring purposes only, and is not linked to the shortlisting process. If you have ticked the Disability Confident guaranteed interview box, the shortlisting panel is not aware of your impairment type. If you require reasonable adjustments for the interview/assessment process you must request these from the Recruitment team.