Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), sometimes known as the Technical University of Madrid is a leading university in the teaching of Architecture and Engineering in Spain. It is internationally renowned for the quality of its courses and the research undertaken at its centres, departments and institutes.
In Madrid you can find major tourist attractions such as the Prado Museum, the royal palace of Madrid, and the football stadiums of Real Madrid and Atleticó de Madrid.
- Estimated number of mobility places: 1-3 full-year or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Aerospace Engineering/Sciences
- Language of teaching: Spanish (some courses may be available in English)
- Grading system: 10-0 with 5 and above being a pass
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- To ensure your health cover in Spain, you will need to bring with you a European Health Insurance Card or private health insurance valid for the entire time of your stay at the UPM
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living
- Nearest international airport: Madrid Barajas International Airport (MAD)
- Travel: there are daily flights between Madrid-Barajas Airport and the main European capitals as well as daily flights to other principal airports in Spain. Madrid-Barajas Airport is 13 km from the centre of Madrid, at km 13 on the Barcelona Motorway (Carretera de Barcelona). It has four terminals: T1, T2, T3 and T4. Transport to the city centre is by bus, with departures every 10 minutes, Metro (line 8), or taxi