Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
The Goethe-Universität Frankfurt (Goethe University Frankfurt) has a student population of 47,000, distributed across four major campuses within the city. 18 Nobel laureates and 11 Leibniz prize winners have been affiliated with the university.
Frankfurt am Main is a city in the German state of Hessia and 40km west of the geographic centre of the EU. It has a population of 731,000 with a metropolitan area of 5,500,000. Frankfurt is the most important financial centre on the European continent and a global hub for commerce, culture, education and tourism. It hosts a number of global financial institutions, including the European Central Bank, German Federal Bank, Deutsche Bank and Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Estimated number of places
- Psychology: 3 summer research placements only
- Sociology: 1-3 full-year places or 2-6 semester places
Available Subject Areas
- Language of Teaching: Mostly German, some English. Language proficiency of B1 required
- Grade System: 1.0-5.0
- Entry Requirements: not applicable. Further information on study at Goethe University Frankfurt
- Institutional Key Data 2017-2018
Travel and costs
- University of Glasgow Financial Support - guaranteed funding available through Erasmus+
- Cost of living