immigration and Visa Information

Our strategy, Inspiring People Changing the World, sets out our vision of being a world-class, world-changing university and our mission to bring inspiring people together and create a world-class environment for learning and research.

Accordingly, the University seeks to promote a diverse international community, attracting world-leading talent from across the globe. Therefore if you do not currently have the right to work within the UK, there may be opportunities for the University to sponsor you (please note that prior to joining, all new employees need to demonstrate their Right to Work in the UK). If you are interested in applying to work for the University, and have any queries about your right to work in the UK you can direct your query

Current Employees

The University has a statutory obligation to maintain up to date contact details for individuals who are sponsored employees holding a visa to permit them to work at the University. Therefore, if you are a sponsored employee, you are required to update your data immediately upon any changes. Further details are available in the Appendix A - Sponsorship Compliance document and if you have any queries regarding this duty, please contact  

FAQ - What is naturalisation?

The naturalisation route to British citizenship enables adults who do not fulfil automatic registration criteria but who have lived in the UK for specified periods to apply to become a British citizen.

Eligibility to apply will depend on satisfying a number of criteria, on meeting residence requirements, dependent on whether you are married or in a civil partnership, or not.

Further information on eligibility and the application process can be obtained from