Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019
**Please note that online application for 2019 is now closed.
For more information on upcoming opportunities, please watch this space or visit http://cis.chinese.cn**
In order to support the development of the Confucius Institutes, facilitate Chinese language promotion and Chinese cultural transmission in the world, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) launches the “Confucius Institute Scholarships” program for providing sponsorship to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries for pursuing a study in relevant universities in China (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
More details (duration of study, eligibility and type of courses, application precedure, etc) can be found here: http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/Proceduresfor?lang=en-us.
The application deadlines are
a) 20 April 2019 (for programs commencing in July2019)
b) 20 May 2019 (for programs commencing in September 2019)
c) 20 September 2019 (for programs commencing in December 2019)
d) 20 November 2019 (for programs commencing in March 2020)
We strongly suggest you to prepare your HSK/HSKK tests in advance as it takes 6-8 weeks to get the test results.
Please apply online and submit hard copies of application to the Confucius Institute at the University of Glasgow so we can recommend you in the application system.
Address: Room 202, McIntyre Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ
Tel: 0141 330 7730
Generation UK - China
Generation UK - China is a campaign run by the British Council to improve the mobility of UK students.
It offers scholarships and Internships.
Scholarships to study in China
- Both single semester and one full academic year.
- Includes: tuition fees for non-degree courses, accommodation, insurance, a monthly living allowance and a settlement allowance.
Internships in China
- Funding support for two month placements.
- In: Beijing, Chengdu, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Zhuhai.
- Start every month in a wide range of industries.
- Covers accommodation, travel insurance.
- Applicants need to cover their travel expenses.
- Scholarships: all UK students aged 18 or over; studying at or having graduated from a UK institution within one year.
- Internship funding is prioritised for those students in receipt of a maintenance grant from student finance.
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 12:37:00 GMT
A fantastic opportunity for students interested in Chinese language, history and culture in a two-week summer exchange programme at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) in Chengdu and Nankai University in Tianjin, China.