VACANCY: University of Glasgow Student Telephone Fundraiser
Looking to boost your CV and kick start your career whilst making a real difference?
Join our team of student callers and gain valuable skills and experience that will boost your CV!
You will be phoning University of Glasgow graduates to update them on exciting developments here at Glasgow, hear about their memories of student life and their careers since graduation. You will also be raising money for a number of important projects across the University.
What are the benefits?
- Student calling is a rewarding and worthwhile job, with great pay (£9.36/hour) and social hours.
- Professional training will equip you with valuable communications, negotiation, marketing and fundraising skills.
- You will be making a real difference to Glasgow’s future by raising vital funds for the University in a fun and supportive working environment.
- You will speak to inspirational and influential Glasgow graduates about their careers and paths since University.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible students with excellent communication skills and a passion for the University of Glasgow!
- You should be a team player and a good listener with an exceptional phone manner.
- You must be a current UofG student with excellent spoken and written English.
- An understanding of the work of the Development and Alumni Office is also important.
Where and when?
The telephone campaign will run from Monday 28 January 2019 to Thursday 07 March 2019 and all student callers must be available to work for the duration of the campaign. Calling will take place on week day evenings and on Saturdays and Sundays.
Successful applicants must also attend a paid two day training event on Saturday 26 Saturday and Sunday 27 January.
How do you apply?
For more information about the role please read the Job Description 2019
To apply, please complete the online application form.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 06 January 2019.