China Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Scholarships
This scheme provides academically excellent Chinese students with the opportunity to study for a PhD at the University of Glasgow. The scholarships are supported jointly by the China Scholarship Council and the University of Glasgow.
For successful applicants, the applicable College/School will provide scholarships to cover tuition fees, and the CSC will consider their application for a living allowance as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government (which includes Student Health cover), a return airfare from China to the UK by the most economical route, and visa application fees.
The scholarships will be awarded to citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application that are accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate PhD degree programme at the University of Glasgow.
Candidates should not be currently working outside China at the time of application, and successful candidates must agree to return to China upon completion of their research degree at the University of Glasgow. Candidates currently studying outside China are eligible to apply.
•High achieving Chinese students only.
•Full tuition fees.
•All studentships are funded for 3 years (or the remainder of your minimum period if you are a current 1st year PhD)
•Applications will be judged in terms of qualifications and the quality of the proposed project.
•All applications are reviewed and decided by the School funding panel. Only applicants nominated by the College Graduate School will be eligible for the tuition fee waiver.
•Applications approved by the College are subject to further approval by the China Scholarship Council
Level of study:
This scholarship will cover tuition fees, and the CSC will consider applications for a living allowance
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this scholarship you must:
1. Apply for postgraduate research at Glasgow by the beginning of February to allow time for your offer to be processed: http://www.gla.ac.uk/research/opportunities/howtoapplyforaresearchdegree/
2. For those applicants who wish to begin their PhD studies at Glasgow, it is recommended that you indicate in the funding section of your admission application that you wish to apply for CSC funding and contact the Graduate School once you have received an offer. For current PhD students (those in their first year), it is recommended that you contact the Graduate School to check if they allow current PhD students to be nominated for CSC funding and if so, obtain an official letter which will enable you to apply to the CSC for a stipend.
3. To be considered for a scholarship, it is preferred that applicants have an unconditional offer in place before the CSC deadline. Those candidates who hold a conditional offer of admission must have satisfied all English language requirements. Please ensure that you fulfil the University of Glasgow language requirements before applying for CSC funding.
4. Once the College has decided on the nominations for 2019-20, the nominated students will receive an updated offer letter stating this for submission with their application to the CSC.
5. Apply to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for this scholarship in the application window of 10-31 March 2019. Please review the CSC's introduction and application webpages for more information. Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC and complete the CSC Application Form that can be found on the CSC website at http://apply.csc.edu.cn/csc/main/person/login/index.jsf. Nominated students should apply through the CSC-Glasgow Channel.
6. Applicants must be both nominated by the University of Glasgow and successful with the CSC in order to be accepted onto this scholarship programme.
|01 February 2019||
Applications for PhD at Glasgow should be lodged by this date
Current 1st year PhD students must have obtained a support letter from the Graduate School
|04 March 2019||Deadline for Colleges to forward the best candidates to the University-level competition|
|TBC||Shortlist of potential CSC recipients to the University from CSC|
|TBC||Agreement between the University and CSC on successful scholars|