China Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Scholarships
This scheme provides academically excellent Chinese students with the opportunity to study for a PhD at the University of Glasgow. The scholarships are supported jointly by the China Scholarship Council and the University of Glasgow.
For successful applicants, the applicable College/School will provide scholarships to cover tuition fees, and the CSC will consider their application for a living allowance as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government (which includes Student Health cover), a return airfare from China to the UK by the most economical route, and visa application fees.
The scholarships will be awarded to citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application that are accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate PhD degree programme at the University of Glasgow.
Candidates should not be currently working outside China at the time of application, and successful candidates must agree to return to China upon completion of their research degree at the University of Glasgow. Candidates currently studying outside China are eligible to apply.
•High achieving Chinese students only.
•Full tuition fees.
•All studentships are funded for 3 years (or the remainder of your minimum period if you are a current 1st year PhD)
•Applications will be judged in terms of qualifications and the quality of the proposed project.
•All applications are reviewed and decided by the College funding panel. Only applicants nominated by the College Graduate School will be eligible for the tuition fee waiver.
•Applications approved by the College are subject to further approval by the China Scholarship Council
Level of study:
This scholarship will cover tuition fees, and the CSC will consider applications for a living allowance
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this scholarship you must:
1. Apply for postgraduate research at Glasgow by the beginning of February to allow time for your offer to be processed: http://www.gla.ac.uk/research/opportunities/howtoapplyforaresearchdegree/
2. For those applicants who wish to begin their PhD studies at Glasgow, it is recommended that you indicate in the funding section of your admission application that you wish to apply for CSC funding.
3. All applicants (both current 1st year PhD and new PhD applicants must complete the China Scholarship Council (CSC) application coversheet: https://glasgow.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/csc-application-cover-sheet
4. All applicants must have their primary supervisor (if a current 1st year PhD) or their proposed primary supervisor send to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) a letter of support indicaitng:
*The quality of the project
*The value of the project to the University
*Deliverabilty in the 3 year funded period (including the academic and research skills of the applicant)
5. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must have a PhD offer in place before the CSC deadline. The PhD offer must be Unconditional, or Conditional on meeting the University's English Language requirements - no other conditions will be accepted.
6. Once the College has decided on the nominations for 2020-21, the nominated students will receive an updated offer letter stating this for submission with their application to the CSC.
7. Apply to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for this scholarship in the application window (10 - 30 April 2020). Please review the CSC's introduction and application webpages for more information. Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC and complete the CSC Application Form that can be found on the CSC website at http://apply.csc.edu.cn/csc/main/person/login/index.jsf. Nominated students should apply through the CSC-Glasgow Channel.
8. Applicants must be both nominated by the University of Glasgow and successful with the CSC in order to be accepted onto this scholarship programme.
|01 February 2020||
Applications for PhD at Glasgow should be lodged no later than this date
|20 March 2020||
Applicants must have an PhD offer by this date (PhD offers must be unconditional or conditional on English Language - no other conditions are accepted)
Applicants must have completed the CSC application coversheet (above)
|03 April 020||Date by which College nominates to the Central University. Nominated students notified|
|09 April 2020||Shortlist of potential CSC recipients to the University from CSC|
|10- 30 April 2020||CSC Application window for nominated students to apply directly to the CSC on the CSC website|