Research & Knowledge Exchange Strategy Committee
Convenor: Professor Sally Wyke, Dean of Research
Membership: VP & Head of College, VP Research & Enterprise, Dean of Graduate Studies, School Research Convenor (Law), College Secretary, School Research Convenor (Business), School Research Convenor (Education), School Research Convenor(Social & Political Sciences), Director (Adam Smith Research Foundation), Head of Research Support Office, School Research Convenor (Interdisciplinary Studies), College Head of Finance, Public Policy Knowledge Exchange Officer, Dean for Research (Chair), College Research Manager (Clerk), Deputy Director (Institute of Health and Wellbeing).
In attendance: Jonathan Houston, Research Administrator (clerk)
- To define, promote and implement the College's Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy with reference to the University’s Research & Knowledge Transfer Strategy
- To monitor progress towards the delivery of the College’s Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy.
- To identify key areas of research and oversee the strategic use of investment to ensure they are developed in the future.
- To make recommendations to the College Management Group to enable the delivery of the Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy.
- To co-ordinate the College's return to the Research Excellence Framework
- To report to RPSC through the Dean of Research
- To consider Institute / School research strategies and ensure that the College has a balanced and affordable research portfolio supported by a management structure endorsed by the College Management Group
- To promote issues relating to knowledge exchange and impact and ensure that cross-linkage between Schools provide best value
- Working with Research Institutes / Schools to deliver funding based on their Research & Knowledge Exchange Strategy and supported by the College Management Group
- Monitoring post description and ensuring representation on appointment panels to facilitate the best quality staff members are recruited
- Annual review of the Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy in conjunction with the College Management Group and the University Research Planning and Strategy Committee
- Transparent reporting at the grass roots level
- To liaise with appropriate services on matters relating to the Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy
- To help advise on the strategic allocation of Equipment and Scholarship Funds when appropriate
- To act as an advisory body on applications for large pieces of equipment
- To promote collaboration with other Colleges and external organisations directly and through the Research Planning and Strategy Committee
The Committee will report to College Management Group; University Research Policy and Strategy Committee