Offering close proximity to clinical expertise and innovation and bringing together key initiatives and infrastructure across the hospital campus, the CIZ is a highly supportive, flexible and growing ecosystem at the largest acute medical facility in Western Europe, including:
- Scotland-wide Stratified Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre (SMS-IC), comprising four Scottish universities, NHS Scotland, ThermoFisher Scientific and Aridhia Informatics.
- The Imaging Centre of Excellence (ICE), which incorporates a Siemens 7 Tesla MRI scanner, an ultra- high field scanner, which is the first of its kind fully integrated within a clinical site in the UK.
- The MRC EPSRC Glasgow Molecular Pathology Node, a collaboration between the UofG, NHS and six industry partners (Aridhia Informatics, BioClavis, Illumina, Leica Biosystems, Sistemic and ThermoFisher Scientific), to increase capacity and capability of the UK to drive novel diagnostics to market through the provision of integrated support and postgraduate-level training.
- The Glasgow Clinical Research Facility, one of only two facilities in the UK to have collocated space for adult, adolescent, and paediatric clinical trials.
- A biorepository managed by NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (NHSGG&C), containing a register of obtained tissue samples available for new research proposals and established pathways for new sample collection.
- Facilitated access to academic and clinical partners spanning seven interdisciplinary research institutes across the College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences.