Clinicians in Research Network (CiRN) is a group formed to support clinically-trained early career researchers (ECRs). We believe this network can encourage interdisciplinary collaborations and maximise the potential of knowledge translation and bench-to-bedside innovation from a wide range of research.
The aims of CiRN are:
- To act as an information hub for clinical doctors before and after their dedicated research periods.
- To support clinically-trained ECRs to acquire non-technical research skills (for example, learning about how to set up a supply of human tissues for their research).
- To encourage informal meetings for the group to support and inspire each other (for example, sharing and refining their research ideas, assist each other, vent!)
- To facilitate networking opportunities for group members to help further their careers in research.
- To act as a "go-to" place for other stakeholders within and external to the College to reach clinicians active in research.
For the information about upcoming CiRN events, please go to https://cirnglasgow.org/.