Wellcome ISSF COVID Response Fund
£120k available for projects that will pump-prime collaborative research related to COVID-19 that is within the discipline areas usually funded by Wellcome.
- Awards will be ~£10k in value and should aim to complete within 6 months.
- Applications will be measured on the following:
- Scientific excellence
- The proposal should not be speculative and be aligned with on-going research – the case for why this should happen in Glasgow and not elsewhere must be clear
- Proposals should identify a clear path to further funding including a specific call and plans towards that mapped out
- ~£50k will be ring-fenced to support applications from early career researchers (e.g. PDRA, independent fellows and lecturers). ECRs should clearly outline the novelty of the research question but will not be expected to demonstrate a step towards next phase funding.
- Call to be launched w/b 26th May with a deadline of 5pm on 15th
- Applications will be selected by the MVLS COVID Research Group (Co-chaired by Profs Graeme Milligan and Iain McInnes with representation from each Institute)
- Applications should complete a maximum of 2-page proposal including the following information:
- Lead Investigator / Co-Investigators and home Institute / School / Organisation
- Indicative cost and duration of project
- Justification for research – how it aligns with Glasgow’s existing research strengths
- Research Questions:
- Potential impact from the research:
- Research plan:
- Future plans for the research:
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 15th June.