PGR Studentship Support
Procedures for Dealing with Requests for PGR Studentship Support
PGR Fee Discount/Waiver
- All such requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- These will be considered by Graduate School senior management who will assess the application in discussion with appropriate co-opted advisors.
- Proposals should describe (one side A4 maximum) details of the support requested,
- the cost associated with the request and details of the initiative the studentships will be used to underpin (e.g. DTA application, collaborative agreement etc).
- The strategic importance of the initiative at University, College and Institute level should be described in detail as well as the value of the initiative/DTA application should the application be successful.
- Details of the potential supervisor pool and their Institute/School affiliation should also be included.
- Letters of support from e.g. Head of School/Directors of Institute should be included in the application.
Discounts and Waiver Requests for International Students and the College 25% Incentive Scheme
Where a fee discount or waiver is sought it is expected that the supervisor will waive their entitlement to a contribution from the 25% incentive scheme for recruitment of an international student.
Staff Fee Discounts
As a member of staff with a University of Glasgow contract you may be eligible for a staff tuition fee discount of 50% on Home/EU tuition fee. Please be aware if you are in receipt of other funding you normally will not be able to access the staff fee discount.
If you are eligible for this discount you will be required to:
- Follow the normal application process
- Register on MyCampus with a staff plan:
- Conduct your research and submit your thesis following the guidelines pertaining to your programme of study
- Engage in the annual progress review process for PGR students, this is required for annual readmission
- Register each year of your course
Institutes/Schools must advise the Graduate School of the following details:
- Name of member of staff
- Confirmation of the student’s staff status
- End date of staff contract
- Date on which they commence their research programme of study
- All discounts will be at Home/EU rate.
- In relation to the above if a student is deemed liable for international fees MVLS Graduate School will discount 50% of the Home/EU rate.
- Those in receipt of a staff fee discount are eligible for the University of Glasgow Alumni discount on the part paid by the student.