Clinical Academic Training and Advisory Committee (CATAC)
|Thursday, 23 September 2021||13:00||by Zoom|
|Thursday, 16 December 2021||09:00||
|Thursday, 17 March 2022||14:00||
|Thursday, 9 June 2022||14:00||
|Thursday, 22 September 2022||14:00||
|Monday, 12 December 2022||14:00||
Remit and Membership
|Head of College||Professor Iain McInnes|
|Chair||Professor Christian Delles|
|Dean of Graduate Studies||Professor Stuart Nicklin|
Institute and School representatives
|Institute of Cancer Sciences||Professor Richard H Wilson|
|Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences||Professor Patrick Mark|
|Institute of Health and Wellbeing||Professor Vittal Katikireddi|
|Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation||Professor Jonathan Cavanagh|
|Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology||Professor Keith Muir|
|School of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing||Professor Matthew Walters (Professor Scott Nelson deputy)|
|School of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing||Mr Campbell Roxburgh|
|School of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing||Professor Syed Faisal Ahmed|
|Finance Resource Manager||Mr John Richmond|
|Deputy Head of Human Resources||Mr David Tedman|
|Dean of Postgraduate Medicine||Professor Alastair McLellan|
|NHS Education for Scotland||Ms Susan Nicol|
|Clinical Lecturer (CiRN)||
Dr Mark Salji, Dr Jennifer Burton
Dr Julie Langan-Martin
Dr Terry Quinn
|Clerk to CATAC||Audrey Hillis|
|Graduate School Manager|
Other members can be co-opted as necessary if specific expertise is required.
- To develop and co-ordinate a support structure for Clinical Lecturers and to review academic progress, including:
- Maintain accurate records of all Clinical Lecturers within the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences;
- Co-ordinate with relevant groups the process for approval of new posts and renewal of existing posts;
- Co-ordinate with divisional management teams the arrangements for recruitment of Clinical Lecturers;
- Maintain relationship with Postgraduate Dean to ensure retention of existing posts and development of new NES-funded posts;
- Ensure that arrangements are made for academic representation at NES clinical training appraisals;
- Determine support mechanisms for Clinical Lecturers, including the appointment of Academic Mentors, and monitoring of annual progress.
- To institute a series of biannual 'away days'.
- To secure intermediate fellowship funding and/or new academic opportunities where progress is judged to be satisfactory.
- To establish formal procedures for review where it has been concluded that academic progress is not satisfactory.
Clinical Lecturer - Post Approval
CATAC are responsible for considering and approving all Clinical Lecturer posts. If you wish for CATAC to consider a new or replacement Clinical Lecturer post, please contact the CATAC clerk, Audrey Hillis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback from the Committee will be communicated to the post proposer, and if approved, the post will be advertised via the University's e-Recruitment system.