How to apply
How to apply
MRC DTP in Precision Medicine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5PM - WEDNESDAY 10TH JANUARY 2018
PHD STUDENTSHIP COMMENCEMENT DATE: 10 SEPTEMBER 2018
APPLY NOW FOR 2018/19 ENTRY!
Up to 26 fully funded positions are available across the University of Glasgow and Edinburgh. Our next intake will be for PhD projects commencing September 2018. For the list of available projects for 18/19 entry please visit:
• Please note all applications for the Precision Medicine DTP should be submitted to University of Edinburgh, even those applying for a project at the University of Glasgow.
• Applicants must apply to a specific project, once you have identified the project you are interested in, visit the University of Edinburgh's Degree Finder page, details below.
• The deadline for 18/19 applications will be Wednesday 10th January 2018, with interviews expected to take place the week beginning 12th February 2018.
Within the degree finder page here please select one of the following:
If your project selection is from the University of Glasgow project list here, please select: Precision Medicine (PhD with Integrated Study) (Non-UoE Lead with Glasgow) - Full-time 4 Years
If your project selection is from the University of Edinburgh project list here, please select: Precision Medicine (PhD with Integrated Study) (UoE lead with Glasgow) - Full-time 4 Years
Applicants applying for a MRC DTP in Precision Medicine studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
The MRC DTP in Precision Medicine grant provides funding for tuition fees and stipend for UK and *EU nationals that meet all the required eligibility criteria.
*Note that EU nationals must be able to demonstrate that they have resided in the UK for three years prior to commencing the studentship.
Full qualifications and residence eligibility details are available here: http://www.mrc.ac.uk/skills-careers/studentships/studentship-guidance/student-eligibility-requirements/
Please ensure the following supporting documents are uploaded at point of application. For more information and general gudiance about submitting an application, visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/postgraduate/applying
• Degree certificate (if you have graduated prior to 1 July 2018)
• Language test (if relevant)
• Personal statement (this should provide any other required information in support of the application, such as evidence of previous academic or professional experience that qualifies you for the programme (projects; placements; voluntary work etc). You should state the reasons why you selected this programme and what benefit you hope to achieve through successful completion of the programme. The statement should include information about lab techniques you have used and research projects in which you have been involved. The statement should not be longer than one A4 page)
• Reference 1 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability from your most recent study/programme)
• Reference 2 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability)
For further details about the programme, please visit - About the Programme. General enquiries regarding the programme and application procedure should be directed to Alexis Merry: [Alexis.Merry@glasgow.ac.uk].