Below you will find information for on-course PhD MVLS DTP students.
Joining and Induction
Matriculation is your formal act of registration with the University. It carries with it the obligation to abide by the rules of the University, including the payment of fees and other tuition costs, and gives you privilege of access to student services and University facilities. You will be contacted by the course administration with regard to your offer in the first instance. Thereafter details will be sent to you from the central admission system to register at the University. Full details regarding the matriculation process is detailed here: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/students/new/
Students will have their attendance confirmed by the Programme Team each year of the programme. Further information will be provided each year ahead of attendance confirmation. Additionally, you will only be officially registered each year based on the outcome of your annual review. Details regarding yearly registration is available within the MVLS Graduate School website: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/registry/registration/
Induction Schedule 2020
All Glasgow registered students must attend the cumpulsory MVLS Graduate School Induction. Schedule details available here
Funded PhD studenships within the MVLS Doctoral Training programme within the University of Glasgow are supported by the University of Glasgow (the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences)).
All funded students should ensure they acknowledge the MVLS DTP on posters, presentations and any academic papers you produce during your PhD study. Grant references can also be available if required from the DTP admininstrators.
Tuitions Fees and Stipends
- The University of Glasgow will apply your fee to your student account when you register at the University.
- Stipend payments will be made to Glasgow based students monthly on the last banking day of each month.
- Stipend rates are based on the RCUK minimum doctoral rate.
Research Training Support Grant
- An annual grant (for three years) will be allocated to the research group in which each student is based for additional programme costs of £7,500.
- Students should discuss expected spend with their Supervisor(s).
- all expenses need to have prior approval either by your supervisor/DTP administrator.
If you are a student on programme and have any questions about funding, additional programme costs or travel budgets please feel free to contact: Alexis.Merry@glasgow.ac.uk
All University Rules and Regulations surrounding postgraudate study at the University of Glasgow is available here and will also be discussed during Induction.