How to apply
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 20 JANUARY 2020
Annual stipend (2019/20 rate): £15,009
PhD studentship commencement date: 1 October 2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS ARE APPLYING TO THE PROGRAMME AND NOT FOR SPECIFIC PROJECTS AT THIS STAGE – THE PROJECT ABSTRACTS LISTED ARE EXAMPLE PROJECTS ONLY.
Click on the link below to view example projects:
Applicants applying for a MVLS DTP studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
The MVLS grant provides funding for tuition fees and stipend for UK and EU nationals that meet all the required eligibility criteria.
You can apply HERE. Within the application, at the programme of study search field option, please select 'MVLS – DTP Studentship’. [PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS PROGRAMME STUDY OPTION IS SELECTED, IF NOT YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE DIRECTED TO THE CORRECT PROGRAMME AREA]
Please note that, in step 11 within the online application process, you are asked to detail supervisor/project title information. You cannot detail this information because you are applying to the programme and not for a specific project at this stage. However, within the research title text box area, please highlight which theme (see themes below) you are interested in and project/supervisor information (if known). Alternatively, add the following text: 'MVLS DTP' to all these sections. There is no requirement to upload a research proposal.
- Basic Bioscience Underpinning Health
- Food Security
- World Class Underpinning Bioscience
Please ensure that all supporting documents are uploaded at point of application:
- Degree certificate (if you have graduated prior to 1 July 2020)
- Language test (if relevant)
- Personal statement (this should provide any other required information in support of the application, such as evidence of previous academic or professional experience that qualifies you for the programme (projects; placements; voluntary work etc). You should state the reasons why you selected this programme and what benefit you hope to achieve through successful completion of the programme. The statement should include information about lab techniques you have used and research projects in which you have been involved. The statement should not be longer than one A4 page)
- Reference 1 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability from your most recent study/programme)
- Reference 2 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability)
General enquiries regarding the programme and application procedure should be directed to Alexis Merry: [Alexis.Merry@glasgow.ac.uk].