How to apply
EPSRC DTP Studentship
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 August 2019
PHD STUDENTSHIP COMMENCEMENT DATE: October 2019
ANNUAL STIPEND (2019/20 rate): £15,009
APPLY NOW FOR 2019/20 ENTRY!
Fully funded studentship position is available in the College of Medical Veterinary, Medical and Life Sciences. Available 19/20 EPSRC DTP projects are detailed here.
Applicants applying for a EPSRC DTP studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
The EPSRC DTP studentship grant provides funding for tuition fees and stipend for UK and EU nationals. To be eligible for a full award a student must have no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship (with some further constraint regarding residence for education).
Please ensure the following supporting documents are uploaded at point of application.
• Degree certificate (if you have graduated prior to 1 July 2019)
• Language test (if relevant)
• Personal statement (this should provide any other required information in support of the application, such as evidence of previous academic or professional experience that qualifies you for the programme (projects; placements; voluntary work etc). You should state the reasons why you selected this programme and what benefit you hope to achieve through successful completion of the programme. The statement should include information about lab techniques you have used and research projects in which you have been involved. The statement should not be longer than one A4 page)
• Reference 1 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability from your most recent study/programme)
• Reference 2 (should be from an academic who has a knowledge of your academic ability)
Once you have all your supporting documentation you can apply through our Online Application System: https://www.gla.ac.uk/study/applyonline/?CAREER=PGR&PLAN_CODES=ZY38-7316
General enquiries regarding the programme and application procedure should be directed to Alexis Merry: [Alexis.Merry@glasgow.ac.uk].