Ready To Submit Your Thesis?
Here's what you have to do....
Before You Submit
Three to six months before your submission date you have to:
- Complete your intention to submit form online here to begin the process of organising a Committee of Examiners comprising a convener, internal examiner and external examiner.
- The date you submit this form does not overrule your actual end date for thesis submission. If you are not aware of your end date, email the Graduate School for confirmation.
- If you do not submit this form until you hand in your thesis it will delay your thesis being sent out for examination as the Committee of Examiners will have not yet been appointed.
Handing in your Soft-Bound Thesis
Please submit the following:
- Three copies of your soft-bound thesis OR four copies if you are or have been a member of University staff up until the time of thesis submission as two external examiners are required.
- The Word count form
If your thesis submission date is on the weekend, please hand in the thesis on the first working day after the weekend or holiday.
If you are sending your soft (or hard)-bound thesis in the post, please notify the Graduate School first that you intend to send your thesis in the post.
The College of MVLS Graduate School, Room 111
Sir James Black Building
University of Glasgow,
Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 5800
Open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday.
Someone else can submit your thesis for you. Please note, however, that it is your responsibility to ensure that the thesis is submitted by the submission deadline.
What if I can't submit my thesis by my submission date?
There is a fee for late submission and your thesis may not be accepted for examination.
If you think you will be unable to submit your thesis in time please contact your supervisors or the Graduate School as soon as possible.
If you need extra time to submit your thesis, you may be granted either a suspension or an extension. This will depend on the reason the additional time is required.
What happens after submission?
- Your thesis will be sent to the examiners, as soon as possible after it has been submitted and provided that we have received completed documentation from your School/Institute.
- You will be contacted by your School/Institute/Exam Convenor regarding the date of your viva voce.
- This may take a few weeks but if you have not heard anything by a month after you submit then please contact your School/Institute Administrator to check progress.
- Find out more more about submitting your hard-bound thesis.