Ready To Submit Your Thesis?
Here's what you have to do....
Before You Submit
Maximum 6 months - minimum 3 months before your end date (also known as submission date) you are required to:
- Complete your intention to submit form online. This begins the process of organising a Committee of Examiners for your viva voce (oral exam)
- If you do not submit this form prior to handing in your thesis it will delay setting up a viva voce (oral exam) date
- The date you lodge the intention to submit form with the Graduate School is important as you are agreeing to submit your soft bound thesis 6 months from that date. If you miss the 6 month deadline you are liable for a late fee
- If your end date (also known as submission date) on MyCampus is prior to the intention to submit deadline your end date is the date you must submit your thesis
- If you are unsure of your end date (submission date) email the Graduate School for confirmation.
Example of deadlines
|End Date (Submission date)||Date Intention to submit submitted||Intention to submit deadline (6 months after lodged with Graduate School)||Correct deadline to submit by|
|30/09/2019||01/02/2019||31/07/2019||31/07/2019 (intention to submit deadline is before end date)|
|30/09/2019||15/06/2019||14/12/2019||30/09/2019 (intention to submit deadline is after end date)|
Handing in your Soft-Bound Thesis
Please submit the following to the postal address below:
- Three copies of your soft-bound thesis OR four copies if you are or have been a member of University staff up until the time of thesis submission as two external examiners are required.
- The Word count form (MS Word)
If your thesis submission date is on the weekend, please hand in the thesis on the first working day after the weekend or holiday.
If you are sending your soft (or hard)-bound thesis by post, please notify the Graduate School first that you intend to submit your thesis by post.
Send to this postal address:
The College of MVLS Graduate School, Room 111
Sir James Black Building
University of Glasgow,
Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 5800
Open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday.
Someone else can submit your thesis for you. Please note, however, that it is your responsibility to ensure that the thesis is submitted by the submission deadline.
What if I can't submit my thesis by my submission date?
If you need extra time to submit your thesis, you may be granted either a suspension or an extension. This will depend on the reason the additional time is required.
If you think you will be unable to submit your thesis in time please contact your supervisors or the Graduate School as soon as possible.
There is a fee for late submission. If you do not apply for an extension, your thesis may not be accepted for examination.
What happens after submission?
- Your thesis will be sent to the examiners, as soon as possible after it has been submitted and provided that we have received completed documentation from your School/Institute.
- You will be contacted by your School/Institute/Exam Convenor regarding the date of your viva voce.
- This may take a few weeks but if you have not heard anything by a month after you submit then please contact your School/Institute Administrator to check progress.
- Find out more about submitting your hard-bound thesis.