MVLS Early Career Researcher Committee
The MVLS Early Career Researcher committee (mECRc) was formed to facilitate communication in MVLS, between the College Management Group (CMG) and the College’s community of Early Career Researchers (ECRs). The mECRc comprises at least one representative from each Research Institute within the College.
Who is an ECR?
For the purpose of mECRc, early career researchers are defined as anyone on a Research Only or Research and Teaching contract Grade 6-8. This includes clinical and non-clinical ECRs.
Our goals are to:
- Bilaterally represent ECR concerns at CMG, both feeding back on research matters & policy, and informing senior CMG members of ECR issues.
- Connect ECR communities across the College.
- Provide a bridge for groups and individuals in each individual College unit, for representation at CMG.
- Support the College in building more efficient and streamlined conduits for communication with MVLS ECRs, including from Institutes, College, and the University.
- Provide feedback on ECR-supportive initiatives.
- Improve informational “signposting” and streamlining, for ECR-relevant matters.
- Advise and support the College in implementing the Concordat for the Career Development of Researchers.
- Enhance research culture and promote community amongst ECRs.