Planes and things
Planes and things
Here are some aviation related pictures for you to look at. If you don't like
planes then you can either go back into the picture gallery, or go right back to Woody's home page.
Note: I also have some photos on airliners.net which are of much better quality and size.
The scanning quality of the shots below is not the best as they were
scanned back in the days of low resolution monitors and slow network connections
and were saved as small files for that reason.
- Antonov 2 over the Czech countryside [56 Kb]
- Near miss [47 Kb] ... will try to rescan this.
- USAF EC-130E, nose on, strutting its electronic stuff [117 Kb, 764x488 pixels]
- USAF SR-71A Blackbird in flight.[109 Kb, 798x462 pixels]
- Hungarian Air Force Mi-8 [49 Kb]
- Russian Mi-24V [45 Kb]
- 2 Hungarian Mi-24Es [28 Kb]
- Czech Air Force MiG-21MF [70 Kb]
- Czech Air Force MiG-29 [45 Kb]
- Czech Air Force Su-25K [36 Kb]
- Czech Air Force Su-25K in special colour scheme [93 Kb]
- Two L-39s of the Czech Air Force [45 Kb]
- Russian MiG-31s [45 Kb]
- Su-22M3 of the Hungarian Air Force [71 Kb]
- Flight deck of USS America [68 Kb]
- F-18s on the USS America [72 Kb]
- F-14s on the USS America [76 Kb]
- F-14 launching [47 Kb]
- F-14 pulling some Gs [22 Kb]
- F-16 landing [28 Kb]
- Neat silhouette of a Jaguar T2 [51 Kb]
- Tornado F3 in a tight turn [95 Kb]
- Portuguese G-91s in special tiger scheme [55 Kb]
- F-111 torching fuel. [25 Kb]
- Dassault Rafale M [27 Kb]
- MB-339s of Italian display team Frecce Tricolori [43 Kb]
- A step ahead of un-leaded fuel. This Shenyang F-8 [21 Kb] was exhibited at Paris Airshow in 1987.
Well, it seems that the Chinese have been working on environmentally friendly propulsion systems, recycling a common every day product.
Have a look at the type of power plant on this data board [57 Kb GIF image]
- Interflug Tu-134 at night [54 Kb]
- Aeroflot Tu-154 at night [49 Kb]
- Ilyushin 62 heading off into the sunset [24 Kb GIF image]..
- Lots of LOTs. A packed apron at Warsaw Okecie[83 Kb]..
- 2 Aeroflot Tu-154 tails [29 Kb]
- Lufthansa Airbus tails at night [42 Kb]..
- Olympic Boeing 747 [38 Kb]..
- Iraqi Airways Boeing 727 on approach. [168 Kb, 1024x430 pixels]..
- Royal Jordanian Boeing 727 landing at Athens Hellinikon. [230 Kb, 1000x645 pixels]..
- Syrianair Caravelle 10B lined up on runway 33R, Athens Hellinikon. [180 Kb, 1015x530 pixels]..
- Caledonian TriStar about to touch down at Athens Hellinikon. [205 Kb, 1000x660 pixels]..
- Korean Air Boeing 747 on IGS approach to Hong Kong Kai Tak [112 Kb]..
- The Kai Tak runway at night. [90 Kb]..
- Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-300 [61 Kb]..
- Gulf Air TriStar. This has now been rescanned and lives on airliners.net - the link takes you there.
- American Airlines DC-10 [69 Kb]
- Federal Express Boeing 727 with mountain backdrop at Tucson [43 Kb]
- Eastern Boeing 757 in the silver scheme[32 Kb]..
- El Al Boeing 767 [26 Kb]
That pesky wind!
- What could happen to your Piper Cub on a windy day. Cumbernauld, August 1989. [64 Kb]..
- High winds lifted this Dakota by the tail and smashed it into the building. Glasgow, March 1986. [52 Kb]..
- Shorts SD3-30 blown over onto its back by the wind. Glasgow, February 1989. [55 Kb]..
- Another shot of the same SD3-30 showing just how mangled it got [43 Kb]..
- Crosswind landing in the Islander at Carrickfinn, Ireland. Check that windsock beside the perimeter fence. It was a bit blowy that day. [95 Kb GIF image]..
Back to Woody's home page.