You will study almost the same programme in Singapore as students on campus in Glasgow in the final two years of their BEng (Hons) degrees. A few small changes have been made to adapt the programme for polytechnic graduates. For example, we have added two courses on mathematics to prepare you for the advanced analysis in some of the modules.
An exciting feature of the programme is a visit to Glasgow during the vacation between the two years, when you will carry out a preliminary aircraft design project and perform aerofoil experiments in a wind tunnel. You will also be introduced to Scottish culture.
Prior to the commencement of the academic session you will study the pre-sessional course, Applicable Mathematics 2S.
In your first year you will study
- Applicable Mathematics 3S
- Aircraft Performance 3S
- Numerical Methods in Aerospace Engineering 3S
- Propulsion and Turbomachinery 3S
- Aircraft Structures and Materials 3S
- Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics 3S
- Dynamics and Control 3S
- Instrumentation and Data Systems 3S
- Flight Mechanics 3S
- Aircraft Structural Analysis and Design 3S.
During the vacation between years 1 and 2 you will study Aircraft Design 3G
In your second year you will study
- Flight Dynamics 4S
- Professional Practice 5S
- Aircraft Structures and Materials 4S
- Aerospace Design Project 4S
- Final Year Project 4S
- High-speed Aerodynamics 4S
- Aircraft Vibration and Aeroelasticity 4S
- Space Flight Dynamics 4S.
This degree is accredited in Glasgow by the Royal Aeronautical Society and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. The programme in Singapore was reviewed by the accrediting bodies in January 2013 and it is anticipated that accreditation will follow this.