The subject(s) you choose will determine the type of degree programme you will take and how long you will study for.
Main degrees awarded at Glasgow
- Bachelor of Accountancy (BAcc)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Divinity (BD)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Technological Education (BTechEd)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine & Surgery (BVMS)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Arts (MA) (Social Sciences)
- Master of Education (MEduc)
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Master in Science (MSci)
If you have exceptional A-level or Advanced Higher grades it’s possible to enter directly into Year 2 or follow a faster route advanced entry programme. This does not apply to all degree programmes or subjects. See Advanced entry for more information.
For more information about part-time study options: tel +44 (0)141 330 3177 or see: Part-time study
A note on names
At Glasgow (and the other three ancient universities in Scotland), an Honours-level degree in the Arts is called a Master of Arts (MA) or a Master of Arts (Social Sciences). This should not be confused with the Master of Arts offered by some universities in England, which refers to a postgraduate qualification.
Find out more