Choosing your degree
Glasgow is one of the world’s top universities, which means we can offer you a world-class degree. And with a fantastic range of subjects, you should be able to find a degree programme that matches your interests.
The subject(s) you choose will determine the type of degree programme you will take and how long you will study for.
Main degrees awarded at Glasgow
- Bachelor of Accountancy (BAcc)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Divinity (BD)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Technological Education (BTechEd)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine & Surgery (BVMS)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Arts (MA) (Social Sciences)
- Master of Education (MEduc)
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Master in Science (MSci)
If you have exceptional A-level or Advanced Higher grades it’s possible to enter directly into Year 2 or follow a faster route advanced entry programme. This does not apply to all degree programmes or subjects. See Advanced entry for more information.
For more information about part-time study options: tel +44 (0)141 330 3177 or see: Part-time study
A note on names
At Glasgow (and the other three ancient universities in Scotland), an Honours-level degree in the Arts is called a Master of Arts (MA) or a Master of Arts (Social Sciences). This should not be confused with the Master of Arts offered by some universities in England, which refers to a postgraduate qualification.
Find out more