Choosing your degree
Glasgow is one of the world’s top universities, which means we can offer you a world-class degree. And with a fantastic range of subjects, you should be able to find a degree programme that matches your interests.
The subject(s) you choose to apply for on your UCAS form will determine the type of degree programme you will take and how long you will study for.
Main degrees awarded at Glasgow
- Bachelor of Accountancy (BAcc)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Divinity (BD)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Technological Education (BTechEd)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine & Surgery (BVMS)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Arts (MA) (Social Sciences)
- Master of Education (MEduc)
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Master in Science (MSci)
A note on names
At Glasgow (and the other three ancient universities in Scotland), an Honours-level degree in the Arts is called a Master of Arts (MA) or a Master of Arts (Social Sciences). This should not be confused with the Master of Arts offered by some universities in England, which refers to a postgraduate qualification.